QC Analyst (36 hours)
Analyzing various radioactive products on a daily basis
BV Cyclotron VU is located on the Vrije Universiteit campus in Amsterdam and will soon be moving to the new award-winning (healthcare building of the year 2020) Amsterdam UMC Imaging Center, bringing together laboratories, researchers and practitioners in one building for the first time. This is unique for the Netherlands. The Imaging Center houses state-of-the-art imaging equipment such as MRIs, CT and PET scanners, optical equipment and four cyclotrons or particle accelerators.
Over a quarter of the speed of light: that is how fast the particles in the state-of-the-art cyclotrons in the basement of the Imaging Center move, eventually producing radioisotopes. In the modern GMP facilities, BV Cyclotron VU daily produces radiopharmaceuticals that are used throughout the Netherlands and abroad to detect various forms of cancer, neurological disorders or cardiovascular diseases, as well as for drug efficacy research. Annually, with a team of about 40 employees, we supply diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals to Dutch hospitals, accounting for about 80,000 patients per year.
As a QC Analyst you are responsible for analyzing various radioactive products.
Hereby the main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Perform and review analytical chemical tests (HPLC,GC)
- Preparation of buffers
- Support in the implementation of QC improvement projects
- Support in validation and stability study work
- Support in the implementation of microbiological monitoring
- Archiving of quality documents
- Verifying logbooks
- Assessing incoming goods
We are looking for a QC Analyst who brings the following knowledge and experience:
- You would like to work in a company with a social interest;
- You have at least a relevant MBO 4 diploma;
- You have at least 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience in working with radioactivity, GMP Knowledge and affinity with trouble shooting is an advantage
- You can communicate clearly, concisely and clearly in word and writing in Dutch and English;
- You are independent, accurate, assertive and flexible
- You like to work in a team
Cyclotron initially offers a contract for the duration of one year which, in case of good performance, can be converted into a permanent contract. You will be appointed at BV Cyclotron VU and we follow the collective bargaining agreement and terms of employment of VUmc.
Salary from minimum € 2,558, – to a maximum of € 3,422, – gross per month (scale 7). Depending on education and experience, classification in scale 6 may be possible.
Does this position suit you and are you interested in this vacancy? Then we would like to get to know you. Apply by sending your motivation letter and CV to Anita Gaspar at email@example.com
Would you first like to know more about this position or about BV Cyclotron VU? Then you can call Touria El Hamdaoui, Manager QA, telnr. 020-4449123.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org