Managing the Production department. Responsible for the primary production process, supporting improvement processes and implementing new cyclotron products and production processes.
BV Cyclotron VU is located on the VU University campus in Amsterdam and will soon move to the new award-winning (care building of the year 2020) Amsterdam UMC Imaging Center, where laboratories, researchers and practitioners are brought together in one building for the first time. This is unique for the Netherlands. The Imaging Center houses the very latest imaging equipment, such as MRIs, CT and PET scanners, optical equipment and four cyclotrons or particle accelerators.
More than a quarter of the speed of light: that’s how fast the particles move in the ultramodern cyclotrons in the basement of the Imaging Center, which eventually produce radioisotopes. In its modern GMP facilities, BV Cyclotron VU produces radiopharmaceuticals on a daily basis that are used throughout the Netherlands and abroad to detect various forms of cancer, neurological disorders or cardiovascular diseases, but also for research into the effectiveness of medicines. With a team of approximately 40 employees, we supply diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals to Dutch hospitals every year, accounting for approximately 80,000 patients per year.
Our Manager Operations is responsible for the primary production process, supporting improvement processes and implementing new cyclotron products and product processes. The main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Making policy, ensuring implementation and control of all supporting production processes;
- Responsible for timely delivery of high quality products at lowest cost;
- Recording and making KPI reports with regard to productions, processes and performance of the equipment (including cyclotrons) with regard to productions;
- Supporting improvement processes of current productions (in collaboration with Product Specialists)
- Responsible for reports regarding production in collaboration with QA and Safety
- Draw up the annual budget for Production and coordination with Finance;
- Ultimately responsible for the Production department;
- Coordinates the transition of the production processes to the Imaging Center (temporary assignment)
We are looking for a Manager Operations who brings the following knowledge and experience:
- You would like to work in a company with a social importance;
- Your level of education is at least at HBO+/WO level in the field of (Bio)chemistry, Chemistry, Mechanics, Electrical Engineering, Physics;
- You have extensive (> 5 years) practical work experience in controlling production processes. Preferably experience with radiopharmaceuticals and/or working with radioactivity;
- You have proven managerial and management experience (minimum 2 years);
- You have experience in improving, managing and coaching teams;
- You are accurate, have an eye for detail, are result-oriented and provide coaching leadership.
- You can communicate clearly, concisely in word and writing in Dutch and English.
Terms of employment
Cyclotron initially offers a contract for the duration of one year, which can be converted to an indefinite contract depending on performance. You will be employed by BV Cyclotron VU and we follow the collective labor agreement and employment conditions of Umc. Salary varies from a minimum of € 4.000, – to a maximum of € 6.229, – gross per month (scale 12). Depending on education and experience, scaling can take place in scale 11.
Does this position suit you and are you interested in this vacancy? If that’s the case, we would like to get to know you! Apply by emailing your motivation letter and CV to Valeska Mensonides: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like a bit more information about the job or BV Cyclotron VU? Please contact Valeska Mensonides, HR Advisor, 020-4449123.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com