Logistics/warehouse employee (36 hours)
Providing logistical handling of the produced radiopharmaceuticals and radionuclide products
BV Cyclotron VU is located on the Vrije Universiteit campus in Amsterdam and will soon be moving to the new award-winning (healthcare building of the year 2020) Amsterdam UMC Imaging Center, bringing together laboratories, researchers and practitioners in one building for the first time. This is unique for the Netherlands. The Imaging Center houses state-of-the-art imaging equipment such as MRIs, CT and PET scanners, optical equipment and four cyclotrons or particle accelerators.
Over a quarter of the speed of light: that is how fast the particles in the state-of-the-art cyclotrons in the basement of the Imaging Center move, eventually producing radioisotopes. In the modern GMP facilities, BV Cyclotron VU daily produces radiopharmaceuticals that are used throughout the Netherlands and abroad to detect various forms of cancer, neurological disorders or cardiovascular diseases, as well as for drug efficacy research. Annually, with a team of about 40 employees, we supply diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals to Dutch hospitals, accounting for about 80,000 patients per year.
As a Logistics/warehouse employee you are responsible for packing and preparing transport of radiopharmaceuticals and radionuclides..
Hereby the main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Packaging and labeling of radiopharmaceuticals and radionuclides in Type A packaging;
- TI measurement of packaged goods;
- Issuing RA goods;
- Handling incoming and returned goods;
- Disposal of radioactive consumables (clothing, garbage bags, etc);
- General assistance with manufacturing, construction, facilities and/or logistics processes.
- Responsible for correctly booking incoming and outgoing goods in the warehouse;
- Performance of executive warehouse duties (intake, storage and issue of goods, keeping warehouse areas and tools clean);
- Responsible for periodic inventories;
- Monitoring stock numbers and timely ordering of shortages;
- Coordination with the administration regarding orders.
We are looking for a Logistics/warehouse employee who brings the following knowledge and experience:
- You would like to work in a company with a social interest;
- You have at least a relevant VMBO diploma (e.g. logistics employee);
- You have at least 3 years of work experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge of logistics processes, GMP/GDP and LIMS;
- You can communicate clearly and concisely written and spoken in Dutch and English;
- You are independent, accurate, assertive, flexible and enjoy working in a team;
- You are willing to work irregular shifts when necessary.
Cyclotron initially offers a contract for the duration of one year, which, in case of good performance, can be converted into a permanent contract. You will be employed by BV Cyclotron VU and we follow the collective bargaining agreement and terms of employment of VUmc.
Salary from minimum € 2,380 to a maximum of € 3,150 gross per month (scale 5).
Does this position suit you and are you interested in this vacancy? Then we would like to get to know you. Apply by sending your motivation letter and CV to Anita Gaspar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you first like to know more about this position or about BV Cyclotron VU? Then you can call Bart Janssen, Research Technician, tel. 020-4449123.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
To apply for this job email your details to HRM@cyclotron.nl