Use your knowledge and skills regarding safety to help with fast and effective diagnostics
BV Cyclotron VU is located on the VU University campus in Amsterdam and will soon move to the new award-winning (care building of the year 2020) Amsterdam UMC Imaging Center, where laboratories, researchers and practitioners are brought together in one building for the first time. This is unique for the Netherlands. The Imaging Center houses the very latest imaging equipment, such as MRIs, CT and PET scanners, optical equipment and four cyclotrons or particle accelerators.
More than a quarter of the speed of light: that’s how fast the particles move in the ultramodern cyclotrons in the basement of the Imaging Center, which eventually produce radioisotopes. In its modern GMP facilities, BV Cyclotron VU produces radiopharmaceuticals on a daily basis that are used throughout the Netherlands and abroad to detect various forms of cancer, neurological disorders or cardiovascular diseases, but also for research into the effectiveness of medicines. With a team of approximately 40 employees, we supply diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals to Dutch hospitals every year, accounting for approximately 80,000 patients per year.
As a Health and Safety / Facility Officer you are jointly responsible for safety within the BV Cyclotron and your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Supervising the safety of the work within BV Cyclotron VU;
- Purchasing, maintaining, registering personal protective equipment;
- Training staff on safety;
- Liaising with external companies to schedule equipment maintenance, validation or repair;
- You work in accordance with the applicable legislation for, among other things, radiation safety, cGMP and ARBO;
- Initiating and leading improvement projects of existing processes or standards in the field of safety;
- Registering and following up on possible corrective and preventive measures, conducting investigations into safety and environmental incidents and (near) accidents and thereby ensuring a thorough analysis and reporting and the follow-up of points for improvement;
- You provide written reports, trend analyzes and are able to provide information for the preparation of the annual plan and report in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- You provide internal HSE audits and perform safety observation rounds.
We are looking for a Health and Safety / Facility Officer who has the following knowledge and experience:
- You have a secondary safety expert (MVK) diploma.
- You have a diploma Coordinating radiation expert (formerly level 3) or are willing to obtain it
- You have approximately 5 years of relevant work experience
- You have a great sense of responsibility and you have perseverance and persuasiveness
- You have excellent planning, organization and project management skills
- You can communicate clearly, concisely and clearly in word and writing in Dutch and English
- You are willing to work in rotating and on-call shifts.
Salary scale 8 : min EUR 2,515 to max EUR 3,372 gross per month with full-time employment (depending on education and experience).
BV Cyclotron VU initially offers a contract for the duration of one year, which can be converted to a indefinite contract depending on performance. You will be employed by BV Cyclotron VU and we follow the collective labor agreement and employment conditions of Umc.
For more information about the vacancy, please contact Karin Hertgers-van Zuuk, Environment, Health and Safety Manager on telephone number 020 – 4449126.
Does this position suit you and are you interested in this vacancy?
Then apply by emailing your motivation letter and CV to Valeska Mensonides, HR advisor firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com