Managing the Engineering department in charge of (preventive) maintenance and upgrades of cyclotrons, laboratory equipment and in collaboration with Amsterdam UMC for building-related installations and clean rooms.
BV Cyclotron VU is located on the VU University campus in Amsterdam and will soon move to the new award-winning (care building of the year 2020) Amsterdam UMC Imaging Center, where laboratories, researchers and practitioners are brought together in one building for the first time. This is unique for the Netherlands. The Imaging Center houses the very latest imaging equipment, such as MRIs, CT and PET scanners, optical equipment and four cyclotrons or particle accelerators.
More than a quarter of the speed of light: that’s how fast the particles move in the ultramodern cyclotrons in the basement of the Imaging Center, which eventually produce radioisotopes. In its modern GMP facilities, BV Cyclotron VU produces radiopharmaceuticals on a daily basis that are used throughout the Netherlands and abroad to detect various forms of cancer, neurological disorders or cardiovascular diseases, but also for research into the effectiveness of medicines. With a team of approximately 40 employees, we supply diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals to Dutch hospitals every year, accounting for approximately 80,000 patients per year.
Head of Engineering is responsible for planning and the execution of (preventive) maintenance, upgrades of cyclotrons and laboratory equipment installation and clean rooms.
The main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Manage the Engineering department;
- Supervision of the facility maintenance program;
- Instructing, guiding and managing (new) employees within Engineering;
- Conduct trend analyzes on KPIs to ensure reliable production of radiopharmaceuticals and radionuclides;
- Maintain close contact with external companies for scheduling maintenance or repair of machines and equipment;
- Operating in accordance with legislation for, among other things, electrical engineering (NEN3140 and NEN1010), cGMP and radiation safety;
- Evaluate operation and maintenance reports, identify problem areas and make recommendations to improve cyclotrons and other equipment;
- Supervising the Ultimo program;
- Implementing improvements to enhance business performance;
- Managing annual planning and reports for the Engineering department.
We are looking for an Head of Engineering who brings the following knowledge and experience:
- You would like to work in a company with a social importance;
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience, ideally with ionizing radiation AND Managing experience;
- You have knowledge of PLC control technology (at least at user level) and high-frequency technology;
- You have knowledge of maintenance program Ultimo;
- You have excellent planning, organization and project management skills;
- You have a great sense of responsibility and you have perseverance and persuasiveness;
- You can communicate clearly, concisely in word and writing in Dutch and English.
Terms of employment
Cyclotron initially offers a contract for the duration of one year, which can be converted to a indefinite contract depending on performance. You will be employed by BV Cyclotron VU and we follow the collective labor agreement and employment conditions of Umc. Salary from a minimum of € 2,986,- to a maximum of € 4.707,- gross per month (scale 10). .
Does this position suit you and are you interested in this vacancy? If that’s the case, would like to get to know you. Apply by emailing your motivation letter and CV to Valeska Mensonides: email@example.com
For more information about the vacancy, please contact Arnold Spaans, Manager Operations on telephone number 06-21962601.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org