Engineer (electronical/mechanical) (36 uur)
Performing (preventive) maintenance and upgrades of cyclotrons and other laboratory equipment.
BV Cyclotron VU is located on the VU University campus in Amsterdam and will soon move to the new award-winning (care building of the year 2020) Amsterdam UMC Imaging Center, where laboratories, researchers and practitioners are brought together in one building for the first time. This is unique for the Netherlands. The Imaging Center houses the very latest imaging equipment, such as MRIs, CT and PET scanners, optical equipment and four cyclotrons or particle accelerators.
More than a quarter of the speed of light: that’s how fast the particles move in the ultramodern cyclotrons in the basement of the Imaging Center, which eventually produce radioisotopes. In its modern GMP facilities, BV Cyclotron VU produces radiopharmaceuticals on a daily basis that are used throughout the Netherlands and abroad to detect various forms of cancer, neurological disorders or cardiovascular diseases, but also for research into the effectiveness of medicines. With a team of approximately 40 employees, we supply diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals to Dutch hospitals every year, accounting for approximately 80,000 patients per year.
As an Engineer (electronic /mechanical) you are responsible for performing the (preventive) maintenance and upgrades of cyclotrons and other laboratory equipment.
The main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Implement upgrades to cyclotrons or laboratory equipment (electronic and mechanical);
- Development and repair of small- and large-scale (electrical, mechanical) systems components for equipment maintenance;
- Proposing and working out (electro/mechanical) technical adjustments, improvements, innovations to technical equipment;
- Adjusting and adapting the operation of cyclotrons and solving malfunctions;
- Being able to function as supervising radiation protection worker by order of manager EHS;
- Systematically keeping track of key parameters (KPIs) regarding cyclotron performance;
- Systematically keeping track of maintenance work performed.
We are looking for an Engineer (electronic/mechanical) who has the following knowledge and experience:
- You would like to work in a company with a social interest;
- Completed MBO 4 education in electrical/mechatronics engineering;
- Approximately 5 years of relevant work experience in similar position;
- Knowledge maintenance programs;
- You are procedure and solution oriented, accurate and have an eye for detail;
- You can communicate clearly and concisely in Dutch and English.
Terms of employment
Cyclotron initially offers a contract for the duration of one year which, in case of good performance, can be converted into a permanent contract. You will be employed by BV Cyclotron VU and we follow the collective bargaining agreement and terms of employment of Umc. Salary from minimum € 3,230, – to a maximum of € 5,088, – gross per month depending on experience.
Does this position suit you and are you interested in this vacancy? Then we would like to get to know you. Apply by sending your motivation letter and CV to Anita Gaspar: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you first like to know more about this position or about BV Cyclotron VU? Then call Mitchel Low, Manager Engineering, tel. 020-4449123.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com