The daily production of various radioactive products.
BV Cyclotron VU is located on the VU University campus in Amsterdam and will soon move to the new award-winning (care building of the year 2020) Amsterdam UMC Imaging Center, where laboratories, researchers and practitioners are brought together in one building for the first time. This is unique for the Netherlands. The Imaging Center houses the very latest imaging equipment, such as MRIs, CT and PET scanners, optical equipment and four cyclotrons or particle accelerators.
More than a quarter of the speed of light: that’s how fast the particles move in the ultramodern cyclotrons in the basement of the Imaging Center, which eventually produce radioisotopes. In its modern GMP facilities, BV Cyclotron VU produces radiopharmaceuticals on a daily basis that are used throughout the Netherlands and abroad to detect various forms of cancer, neurological disorders or cardiovascular diseases, but also for research into the effectiveness of medicines. With a team of approximately 40 employees, we supply diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals to Dutch hospitals every year, accounting for approximately 80,000 patients per year.
As an Analyst you are responsible for the production of various radioactive products. The main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Synthesis of the radioactive products;
- Analyzing the radioactive products;
- Operate cyclotrons;
- Packing and shipping radioactive products;
- Working in and cleaning GMP laboratories;
- Working in irregular shifts, including night and Sunday shifts.
We are looking for an Analyst who brings the following knowledge and experience:
- You would like to work in a company with a social importance;
- You have an MLO4 diploma in Analytical Chemistry or comparable;
- You are interested in working with radioactivity;
- You have relevant work or internship experience;
- Having experience working in a cleanroom in a GMP workplace is an advantage;
- You have knowledge of HPLC, GC, TLC and aseptic preparations;
- You are prepared to follow different training courses;
- Night shifts are no problem for you;
- You can communicate clearly, concisely in word and writing in Dutch and English.
Terms of employment
Cyclotron initially offers a contract for the duration of one year, which can be converted to a indefinite contract depending on performance. You will be employed by BV Cyclotron VU and we follow the collective labor agreement and employment conditions of Umc. Salary from a minimum of € 2,422 to a maximum of € 3,280 gross per month (scale 7). Depending on education and experience, scaling can take place in scale 6.
Does this position suit you and are you interested in this vacancy? If that’s the case, would like to get to know you. Apply by emailing your motivation letter and CV to Valeska Mensonides: email@example.com
Would you like a bit more information about the job or BV Cyclotron VU? Give Monique Bot, Head Production, a call on 020-4449122.
School leavers and starters are invited to apply as well.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org